GM Delivers Most Segment Awards in Dependability Study Eight models ranked most dependable in segment
- · Four Chevrolet segment leaders most of any brand
- · Buick Verano ranked most dependable vehicle in the industry
- · 11 GM models place in Top 3 of their segments
DETROIT – For the second consecutive year, General Motors’ brands deliver the most segment awards in the J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study.
“GM’s customer-centric focus on quality and dependability is yielding results for our customers,” said Jeff Wrona, General Motors executive director, Global Quality. “These awards reflect our ongoing commitment to delivering the industry’s best ownership experience.”
The 2016 study tracks 2013 model year vehicles in their third year of ownership.
All GM brands ranked above industry average with Buick, GMC and Chevrolet ranking third, fifth and sixth respectively.
Chevrolet delivered the most segment leaders of any industry brand, led by Malibu as the segment leader for the second year in a row in the highly competitive Midsize Car segment. Camaro ranks highest in the Midsize Sporty Car segment for the fourth consecutive year and Silverado HD ranks first in the Large Heavy Duty Pickup Segment for the second year. Equinox ranks first in the popular Compact SUV segment.
Buick Verano becomes the industry’s most dependable vehicle and segment award recipient in Compact Car. Encore leads the Small SUV segment, adding to the popular SUV’s 2013 JD Power Initial Quality Study and Automotive Performance Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study segment awards. LaCrosse also receives an award for the second year in the Large Car segment.
The GMC Yukon ranked first in the Large SUV segment for the third year in a row.
Model Highlights by Brand
- · Malibu – Segment Award, Midsize Car (2nd Year in a Row)
- · Camaro – Segment Award, Midsize Sporty Car (4th Year in a Row)
- · Equinox – Segment Award, Compact SUV
- · Silverado HD – Segment Award, Large Heavy Duty Pickup (2nd Year in Row)
- · Tahoe – Ranks Second, Large SUV
- · Silverado – Ranks Third, Large Light Duty Pickup
- · Verano – Segment Award, Compact Car
- · Encore – Segment Award, Small SUV
- · LaCrosse – Segment Award, Large Car (2nd Year in a Row)
- · Yukon – Segment Award, Large SUV (3rd Year in a Row)
- · Sierra – Ranks Second, Large Light Duty Pickup
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM) and its partners produce vehicles in 30 countries, and the company has leadership positions in the world’s largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at http://www.gm.com.